Arnica montana Health effects and herbal facts
Arnica montana, sometimes mistakenly referred to as leopard's bane,has also been called wolf's bane, mountain tobacco and mountain arnica, is a European flowering plant with large yellow capitula. It also grows at about 4000 feet in the mountains of British Columbia. Arnica has been used in herbal medicine. for many years. It has been used by first nations healers in British Columbia, for centuries.
Economic importance of Arnica montana
- Northern Europe: Denmark; Norway; Sweden
- Middle Europe: Austria; Belgium; Czech Republic; Germany; Hungary ; Netherlands; Poland; Switzerland
- East Europe: Belarus; Lithuania ; Ukraine
- Southeastern Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Italy; Montenegro; Romania; Slovenia
- Southwestern Europe: France; Portugal; Spain